if(typeof(networkedblogs)=="undefined"){networkedblogs={};networkedblogs.blogId=1394317;networkedblogs.shortName="the-hall-family";}

Friday, March 15, 2013

Changing my negative views to positives

In my mind, I have some very good reasons for feeling the way I do about certain things and people. In my mind. But, I want my life to be one that people will comment on when I'm gone and say things like, "she was a Godly woman", "she loved the Lord", "she always had something good to say no matter what", "you could always count on her to make you feel loved and uplifted". I don't think that is too much to hope for. But, in order for that to happen, I have to make some changes in my life, changes for the greater good. So, I am making a promise to myself to be much more positive in all areas of my life and I plan to do everything I can to get away from all the negativity. But I know I can't do it alone.
Phillipians 4:13 NIV says "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." Do I believe that? You better believe I do! I know that with God as my shepherd, my pilot, my everything, I can do anything He wants me to. Without Him, I would lead a miserable and lonely life.
Notice I said I can do anything HE wants me to. Why would I say that? It's very simple actually. If I try to do something that God does not want me to do, I may accomplish the task but it will not be without great difficulty and trial. It will not be worth the fight when I finally complete the task. However, if what I am attempting is in line with God's plan for me, I simply cannot fail! Not all obstacles will be removed, but the major ones will. I will still have hurdles to get over, but God will provide the means for me to do so. I will never be alone in my endeavors. God will show me the path to take and He will lead me down that path, as He is doing now.
I rededicated my life to Christ about 3 years ago and my life has been a whirlwind ever since. There have been lots of struggles and difficulties that I wish I had not had to go through or witness. But, looking back, I can see how God used those struggles to teach me, to pull me closer to Him. That is something that is extremely hard to do as the struggle is occurring, to draw closer to God. But that is what He tells us to do, isn't it?
Have you ever been in a situation where peace was the one thing you needed to get you through? I have. At the time of the situation, I didn't think I would ever feel at peace again, but I have found that peace. The "peace that surpasses all understanding, (Phil. 4:7)" that comes from a close relationship with God is the peace that I am referring to. Without it, you are miserable, but with it, you can't be defeated or beaten down, EVER! Once you have that peace all of the things that previously caused you such pain and misery, are rendered ineffective.
Yes, you can still feel pain. Yes, you will still have hard times and difficult situations. But through those times and situations, you will have such a sense of peace that you will have no doubt the situation will end soon and you will survive it! You just KNOW! How? Easy actually. The Holy Spirit dwells within you, bringing you that peaceful feeling, that's how.
I am just now realizing how powerful my faith in Jesus Christ can be. I am so thankful that I am finally realizing it, but I wish it had come a little sooner. God's timing is perfect though. He knows what I would have done if I had found this power sooner, so He kept it from me until I was ready. How's that for love? He loves me so much that He protects me not only from outside sources, but from myself as well! I don't know about anyone else, but that makes me feel pretty special!!

I praise you Lord, for the many things that you do each and every day that I, or anyone else, may forget to thank you for. I praise you for the many times you pulled me through a situation kicking and screaming because I was too frightened to take myself through. I praise you Lord, for the difficulties you allow me to endure, allowing me to learn from mistakes made and to pull closer to you as a result. Lord, I thank you for never turning your back on me, even when I turned mine on you. I thank you for loving me even when I was the most unlovable person ever! I thank you Lord for showing me that everyone can be lovable if we look for the good in them and stop focusing on the bad. I thank you Lord for the lessons you have taught me about positive versus negative, good versus bad, love versus hate. I thank you Lord for the forgiveness you give to me each and every day, each and every hour, even though I do not deserve it. I ask you now Lord for guidance in doing the same for those I have had only negative feelings for in the past. Help me to have the forgiving spirit, help me to see the good and ignore the negative. Thank you Father for the gift of salvation you so generously give to anyone who calls out to you and trusts in you. Thank you for unconditional love. I love you Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment