if(typeof(networkedblogs)=="undefined"){networkedblogs={};networkedblogs.blogId=1394317;networkedblogs.shortName="the-hall-family";}

Saturday, April 24, 2010

ScrapbookPal Design Team Entry

Everyone has a dream of one day being famous or doing something very special and being recognized for it. My dream is to one day be published through my writing and my scrapbooking. I love to do both so it would be especially gratifying if I could accomplish both at the same time.
I don't have favorite subjects to write about, nor to scrapbook about. If it is of interest to me and I think there may be a chance of it being of interest to someone else, then I want to share it.
Scrapbooking is so much more than just a hobby for me. Having been a crafter for many years of various different mediums, I finally found the one that I have stuck with and it keeps me interested. Probably because layouts can be made fairly quickly, and they are always different! There is no monotony in scrapbooking!
My scraproom is my most favorite place to be in my house. It is there that I can relax and get lost in my own little world. I will spend many hours in that room not only scrapping, but arranging things hoping to find the best way to have everything set up, trying different ways of sorting my patterned paper, or rearranging various aspects of my room. I recently totally rearranged the entire room! Boy did my back pay for that over the next week!!
In my opinion, scrapbooking is an art which ANYONE can do. When someone tells me they don't know home to scrap, or they would never be able to decide where to put things or to figure out how to start, I tell them that scrapbooking is the easiest of all crafts because it is so personal. The main point I try to get across to new or potential scrapbookers is that there is no right or wrong in scrapbooking. It is all personal. I tell them that if it feels good and looks good in their eyes, that's all that matters. It is my firm belief that if someone enjoys their end product, it is a good layout. If it is something that they would feel comfortable showing off, it is a good layout. But first and foremost, you have to have fun with it! Be playful or adventurous with the way you set up your page sometimes.
I also tell new scrappers to be careful of committing the same mistake I did when I started scrapbooking. I thought I had to have everything!! And I needed it all before I could even think about starting on layouts! There is no telling how much money I spent in the first few months on scrapbook supplies. And it didn't matter where I found them, Dollar Store, Walmart, scrapbook stores, or online! If I liked it and had the slightest idea of a picture I could use the item with, I bought it. Fairly quickly, I became overwhelmed with all of my scrapbooking paraphenalia. I needed storage techniques.
After trying many different storage methods, I finally found the one for me. I use as many of the Jetmax cubes I can get at either Michael's or sometimes Target. They are so adaptive to any space and to any items. I'll have to put some photos of my room in a gallery here for all to see .
I have been scrapping for about 4 years now. Oh, like most every other female, I tried it in High School. You know, using scotch tape and sticking a few pictures on a piece of construction paper and then covering the rest of the page in various stickers! That was it, other than the use of those decorative scissors! LOL
I will talk about those scissors and other methods of making your paper smaller on my next entry. In the meantime, feel free to visit with me over on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/judy.hall3?ref=profile
Introduce yourself and let's get to know each other. I'm sure you have some ideas I might like and I hope I have some ideas that you like! I don't mind being scraplifted, all I ask is to give credit where credit is due, especially if you are publishing the layout on any public forum. I consider it a compliment when someone wants to copy my work!
Thank you so much for sticking with me through some of these rather lengthy entries. I am a couple of layouts I would like to be considered for my entry to become a Scrapbook Pal design team member. Wish me luck! Thanks and God Bless!
MY THREE HEROES
SPC. Justin Hall, Doing one of his favorite things, playing in the mud! Only my son could stick a Hummer that deep!
Side 1 of a two page layout. 3 generations of twins, all boys.
Side two of two page layout. This is the same twins seen in side one, only lots younger!

No comments:

Post a Comment