if(typeof(networkedblogs)=="undefined"){networkedblogs={};networkedblogs.blogId=1394317;networkedblogs.shortName="the-hall-family";}

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Paper, paper, and more paper!!!

Well my plan had been to share some pictures of my newly organized scraproom today, but it's not finished yet. I spent most of the day separating patterened paper! I have a TON of patterned paper! I'm trying to decide on the best way to sort it for the way I use it. I typically use my PP according to the subject of the layout, ie: baby girl, fishing, boys playing outside, etc. But if I try to sort all of it that way, then what do I do with all the extra such as my florals, stripes, weird pieces (lol) and such? Any ideas or suggestions are very welcome!
I did learn today that I have a LOT more girlie paper than I thought! I love pretty paper and it is one of my addictions. I worked with drug addicts at one time and I swore I would never put myself in that kind of predicament, but with scrapping, you just can't help it!!! There are so many different things to get addicted to! My addictions right now include paper, flowers, bling of any kind, flock, brads, eyelets, ink, pens, starting to really get into stamps, and cricut cartridges!!!
I don't get to buy as many cartridges as I would like and I have not fallen for the gypsy yet. I am waiting for it to HOPEFULLY be on sale on black Friday!!! That is, after all, how I purchased both my baby bug, and my expression! I love to save a little money, because what I save means I can  buy something else!!!
I also love to find odd things to put on pages. For example, a couple of years ago, my husband and I were on a trip to NC and visited Georgia (beautiful state). Of course I had to go to Savannah and eat at Paula Deen's "The Lady and Sons". Well "The Lady" wasn't there that day, but one of the sons was and he is just as cute in person as on TV. Ok, back to the original subject.
We traveled to Tybee Island while we were there and let me tell you, as someone who until two years ago had only seen the Galveston beach, these beaches were gorgeous!!! No gunk on the sand, beautiful, clean looking and smelling water! Sorry, but to me, Galveston smells fishy! I can say that, I'm a Texan by birth!!! Anyway, while we were at Tybee Island walking along the beach on a rather cool day, we started finding sand dollars, WHOLE! I've only seen pieces or fake ones until that day. We discovered how to find them under the sand and we loaded up! If we found one that we could tell was still alive, we would toss him back out to the water and tell him that we hoped to see him next trip! I came home with about 15 sand dollars.
Well, I knew if I didn't do something, they would all end up crumbling and then I would have Tybee Island sand! So, I took a couple of them and started covering them in Elmer's white glue. Layer by layer, each dried clear, until finally I felt I had enough on there, several days later, to protect the sand dollar in a scrapbook. It worked!!! I have a beautiful sand dollar on one of my pages.  I will have to remember to get that album down and take a photo and share with you all!
Back to what I was saying about unusual things on scrap pages, if you can get it flat enough, and you like the look it gives, go for it! And here is a secret about all the really cute flowers that you pay $5+ for about 25 to 50 in a jar. Go to Walmart, or a dollar store, and buy bunches of artificial flowers! When you get home, start plucking the flowers off the stems! You will end up with a whole bunch of flowers and some stems you can use as well!!
What is something unusual you have used on any of your pages? Please post a comment and share it with us!
Well, sleep is taking over for now, so until next time, I wish you happy and productive scrapping sessions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment