if(typeof(networkedblogs)=="undefined"){networkedblogs={};networkedblogs.blogId=1394317;networkedblogs.shortName="the-hall-family";}

Friday, August 6, 2010

Thoughts of the early morning hours

I have so many different things running through my head right now. My kids and their situations, my wonderful church family and the strong desire I have for my husband to go with me on Sunday and fall in love with them as I have, projects that I need to complete so that I can be paid which in turn will allow me to work on another project.
I am also working on getting my daily planner set up in such a way and with tabs that are actually useful to me. It is so aggravating that I purchased this really nice pink planner last year for my scrapbooking. It was supposed to help me plan pages and such as that. However I don't think I can recall over 3-4 times that I used it. So, now I want a planner that I can integrate all my projects into. I prefer to have them all in one place. That can be difficult when you have a typical sized planner, but enough projects to fill about 3 of them!!! I'm just going to have to cut down on the amount of paper behind each divider I guess.
Now, I am going to be doing the scrapbook for the church's building of the Family Life Center. It is a wonderful building already and it is just metal outside walls and some 2x4 walls. But I tell you, it is such a blessing to walk inside that building and have a small inkling of an idea how much love has gone into what has been done so far.
I watched the men working the other day for a short time and those guys were doing the kind of work, working together in such a way that any contractor in this area should bring his crew to watch and see how they work together. These men truly have teamwork down. But, I believe they are all putting God first, even in their work on this building. These are truly some Godly men and Peachtree is very fortunate to have them as members. I know that I feel blessed to call them part of my church family, even if I haven't learned all their names yet!
This is also the first time I have ever gone to a church that I look so forward to the next time we are going to meet. I do believe if I could, I would go to church every day, that is how enjoyable it is. From the first day I walked in the front doors with my daughter and her family, even though she and I were having differences at the time, I felt comfort. It was like a small voice on my shoulder telling me "welcome home, Judy". I felt at home finally too. I would do anything for this church. They have asked me to do the scrapbook of the raising of the new building. I feel so honored that they asked me so naturally I want to get started quickly! I want this to be an album I can be proud of and that I can say, "God led me in the creation of this album." So, every time I start to work on it, I plan to pray and ask God to come and craft with me for a while and let's make a creation that HE would be proud of. This may be an album for the church, but ultimately it is God's album and I want to create it in such a way that God is pleased. I'm not doing this to please anyone but my God, my Jesus. If I can do that, I know I will be more than happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment