if(typeof(networkedblogs)=="undefined"){networkedblogs={};networkedblogs.blogId=1394317;networkedblogs.shortName="the-hall-family";}

Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Growing up, we never made much of a deal of Father's Day, or Mother's Day for that matter. They were usually pretty much the same as any other weekend day. Most birthdays were like that too, but that's a whole different blog! LOL
Well, I have always pretty much left it to our kids to make the day special for my husband. I mean I would give them suggestions or $$ when they needed it to get daddy something, but now that they are out on their own, I no longer give them $$ for a gift, shouldn't have to, and the suggestions have really slowed down quite a bit.
I will usually try to prepare a meal that my hubby asks for but this year that was different too. He had all his top teeth pulled about two years ago and dentures made. Well, since it was my work insurance that paid for it, I left work before he had a chance to get his bottom ones done. So, he had a couple of teeth bothering him. On top of that, he found out he is diabetic a few months back so the meal had to be one that he could eat and still stay within his allocated carb count. He stays between 40-60 carbs per meal, which really isn't that difficult until you add pasta, or some of the sweeter fruits, or processed foods. So he does try to stay away from those.
So, yesterday was Father's Day. My hubby spoke with or visited with three of our 4 children. The 4th is 21 and angry, what more can I say! But the highlight of hubbies day were the phone call from 2 year old Ethan who is at Ft Bragg with his mom and dad (my son). They spoke a lot of jibberish and then Ethan told him "ok I done." and hung up the phone!! LOL Then we also were visited by my youngest son who has his first child on the way but he also has a 6 year old step daughter. He loves that girl as if she were his own. I am so proud of him for the way he has just sort of jumped into fatherhood without thinking twice. He's doing a great job too!
And then finally, we got a visit from our daughter, SIL, 3 grandsons, and the newest grand baby, our first granddaughter, Abby. She is a month old now so she is staying awake for slightly longer periods of time, but she sat there with her Pawpaw and took picture after picture after picture. He has problems with his arm so I offered to take her from him and he was thankful as he had to go to the bathroom!!! I asked why he hadn't said anything? But the answer came from the bathroom and we were in the living room so I didn't hear it.
So, I got some playing, and cooing, and smoochy time in with Abby. She is absolutley the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. I know I have said that before, but she is. Everything about her is perfect! We have prayed and prayed that this one would be a girl. My daughter has wanted a little girl of her own since she could talk! She always loved changing their clothes and playing dress up with them. Well, now she has the perfect little doll to play dress up with! Meet Ms. Abigail Faye:
Abby, Mawmaw and Pawpaw love you so very much. You are so precious to us and absolutely the most beautiful baby we have ever seen!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww, so precious! Congratulations!
    I'm a new follower from SC! Stop on by sometime!

    chanda stehlik
    www.onecraftymommy.com

    ReplyDelete